Bhubaneswar: The Commissionerate Police has put restrictions on vehicular traffic in the capital city here for the upcoming Monsoon Session of Odisha Assembly.
The restrictions have been imposed under Section 28 of the Odisha Urban Police Act-2003 (Odisha Act 8 of 2007) and Regulation 36 of Bhubaneswar-Cuttack Police Commissionerate (Traffic and Public Order) Regulation-2008 in view of the security concern for the Monsoon Session of Odisha Assembly, said a release issued by the Commissionerate Police today.
As per the traffic restrictions:
- Vehicles coming from Hosing Board Square will take diversion from Keshari Talkies Square taking a left turn.
- Vehicles coming from AG Square towards PMG will take diversion by turning right from Jaydev Bhawan and proceed on Indira Gandhi Park road.
- All vehicles coming from Master Canteen will be diverted towards adjoining lanes on Lower PMG.
- Vehicles coming from 120 Infantry Battalion Square Intending to proceed towards Rabindra Mandap will be diverted towards Power House Square.
- Vehicles coming from Raj Bhawan Square towards MLA Colony and Rabindra Mandap will be diverted towards Sastrinagar Square.
However, the restrictions will not be applicable for the vehicles engaged in emergency services, ambulances and vehicles authorized to enter the state Assembly, state Secretariat and other official buildings in the locality.
Notably, the Monsoon Session of Odisha Assembly is scheduled to begin on September 22 and continue till October 4.