Bhubaneswar: A 50-year-old woman and her 23-year-old son were electrocuted in Khallikot area of Odisha’s Ganjam district today.
The deceased have been identified as Nibasi Pahan and her son Jitendra Pahan of Logha village near Khallikot. Bhagi Pahan (60), one of the relatives of Nibasi, sustained critical injuries in the incident, sources said.
Nibasi and Jitendra came in contact with live wires while doing some work on their roof in the afternoon. The mother-son duo died on the spot, sources added.
Bhagi suffered critical injuries while he was trying to save Nibasi and her son.
The villagers rescued Bhagi and rushed him to Khallikot Community Health Centre (CHC). He was later shifted to MKCG Medical College and Hospital in Berhampur after his condition deteriorated.
On being informed, police seized the bodies and sent them for postmortem.