Jatni: The Commissionerate police today seized a huge cache of illegally stored firecrackers worth lakhs from a residential area of Jatni in Odisha’s Khordha district.
Two brothers — Chhabindra Kumar Subudhi and Pabitra Subudhi — have been arrested for storing the firecrackers in their house for sale without license and authority.
According to reports, a team led by Jatni Police ASI Rambhabati Barua during patrolling seized a huge quantity of firecrackers from the possession of Chhabindra alias Chhabi (49) and Pabitra alias Pabi (46), the residents of Kusumati Majhi Sahi under Jatni police limits in Bhubaneswar Urban Police District of the Commissionerate Police.
The accused duo had allegedly kept different varieties of firecrackers and local handmade firecrackers in their house for sale to the public for the Diwali festival.
The Jatni police booked the accused persons under sections 9(B) (1) (b) of The Indian Explosive Act-1884/ Sec-5 of The Orissa Fireworks and Loudspeaker regulation Act-1985.
The seized articles included:
1. Local made Kumpi-400 pcs.
2. Local sparklers -1000 pcs.
3. Local paper shot (small bomb)-500 pcs.
4. Local paper shot (large bomb) -700 pcs.
5. 60 shot -15 pkt.
6. 120 shot -10 pkt.
7. 3 shot single-05 pkt.
8. Rocket -02 pkt
9. 4- Twinkle star-40 pkts,
10. 5-Jamin Crackers-100 Pkts,
11. 6- Jamin Crakcers deluxe-60 Pkts,
12. 7- Kitkat-160 Pkts,
13. 8- Flower Pots Giant-21 Pkts,
14. 9-7 colors 7 shots-8 pkts,
15. 10- Rocket-32 pkts,
16. 11-sky painter-60 Pkts,
17. 12-10 cm Spark colors- 35 pkts,
18. 13-12 cm spark color-28 pkts,
19. 14-15 cm spark color-24 pkts.
20. 15- sky lamps- 1 pkts, 16- 3000 lars