Bhubaneswar: At least five private buses were completely gutted in an incident of fire here, today. The buses were kept in a garage for repair and got blazed in the afternoon. The fire incident occurred in Tamando locality under Commissionerate Police limits of the State Capital.
According to a source, a few busses were halted including the ones which got gutted. The inferno took place when wielding works were underway in the garage. However, the reason behind the fire incident has not been ascertained yet. Fire personnel were engaged to bring the blaze under control.
“Probably, the incident occurred due to an electrical short-circuit at around 2.30 pm,” an eyewitness expressed.
On being informed by some locals, fire services personnel reached the spot and doused the flames after striving for more than an hour and a half. Fortunately, no fatalities have been reported in the incident.
“The entire operation was a challenging task as it was a garage, and buses including several other vehicles were parked. We controlled the fire before it could spread to other vehicles,” OFDRA deputy fire officer Prakash Jena said.