Bhubaneswar: A 56-year-old man was charred to death when an LPG cylinder exploded in Dhenkanal district of Odisha today.
The deceased has been identified as Shambhu Prasad Rath of Uttar Madhuban area at Dhenkanal town.
The LPG cylinder exploded when Rath was preparing his dinner in the evening, sources said.
“Rath was staying alone in his house. The LPG cylinder exploded when he was cooking food in the kitchen by locking the door of his house from inside,” said a local.
On being informed, Dhenkanal SDPO Bibhuti Mahapatra and Dhenkanal Town Police IIC Rajendra Mahapatra along with Fire Brigade personnel reached the spot and launched a probe into the incident.
Rath was a bachelor and he was working in a private insurance company, locals said.