Cuttack: Amid allegations of irregularities in the process, Orissa High Court in Cuttack today ordered to put the recruitment of junior teachers in Odisha on hold till January 30. However, the court allowed the competent authorities to continue the selection process involving the verification of documents.
The next date of hearing of a petition earlier filed alleging irregularities was fixed for January 30.
According to an official source, the Odisha Government filed an affidavit and informed the High Court that a district-wise merit-cum-preference list has been published.
“We had objected to the selection of candidates based on a State list and appealed to the High Court to intervene and order the Odisha Government to prepare a district-wise list instead. The State government informed the court that it has prepared a district-wise list. When the court asked to clarify whether the Government withdrew its earlier prepared State list or not, the party said ‘no’. We previously checked with a list of Balasore district, in which we found that candidates who have not opted for the district in their first preferences have been given appointment,” the defence counsel said mediapersons.
The High Court’s interim order given in this regard is still in force, the counsel informed.