Sunday, February 25, 2024

Fire breaks out at Paralakhemundi Municipality Office; documents burnt – N.F Times

Paralakhemundi: A major fire broke out at the Paralakhemundi Municipality Office in Odisha’s Gajapati district on Sunday night, damaging many crucial documents.

Fortunately, no injuries were reported in the incident. However, several important documents, including some related to the upcoming elections, were reduced to ashes in the fire.

On being informed, Fire Services personnel rushed to the place and extinguished the flames.

The exact cause of the fire remains under investigation, though it is suspected to have been triggered by an electrical short circuit within the storeroom.

“Since the fire mishap occurred on Sunday night, there was no one present. The fire broke out due to a short circuit. No one caused it deliberately,” said Nirmala Sethi, Chairperson of Paralakhemundi Municipality.

Related Articles


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here