Monday, April 15, 2024

Odisha to recruit accountant-cum-data entry operators for all 6,794 gram panchayats – N.F Times



Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government has decided to recruit accountant-cum-data entry operators for all gram panchayats, panchayat samitis and districts in the state.

The state Cabinet led by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today approved a proposal in this regard.

As per the Cabinet decision, the state government will create as many as 7,142 accountant –cum-data entry operators for all 6,794 gram panchayats, 314 panchayat Samitis and 30 districts in Odisha.

The accountant-cum-data entry operators will be recruited to facilitate better, effective and timely regulation of official transactions, proper management, documentation of records and financial management of various government schemes, said Chief Secretary PK Jena while briefing the media immediate after the Cabinet meeting.

The state government has framed Accountant-cum-Data Entry Operator (Method of Recruitment and Conditions of Service) Rules, 2022, he added.

As per the rules, 70 per cent of the sanctioned posts of accountant-cum-data entry operators will be filled through direct recruitment by Odisha Sub Ordinate Staff Selection Commission and the remaining 30 per cent posts will be filled by absorbing the eligible Gram Rojgar Sevaks (GRSs) on the basis of experience and efficiency in work.






Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here