Sunday, April 14, 2024

Hotelier dies after coming in contact with electric wire on Puri-Konark road – N.F Times



Konark: In a highly unfortunate incident, a hotelier died after coming in contact with a low-lying high voltage electric wire at Helipad Square on Puri-Konark Road, today.

The deceased, identified as Bhaskar Behera, President of Chandrabhaga Traders’ Association, was riding a motorcycle from home to his hotel when he accidentally came in contact with the live wire hanging from a damaged electric pole.

He received electric shock and died on the spot.

Behera’s demise triggered unrest among locals, leading to a roadblock on Puri-Konark Road. The protesters expressed anger, saying that despite multiple requests to the Energy Department to relocate the electric pole away from the road, no action was taken.

The roadblock caused significant traffic congestion, causing inconvenience to tourists visiting Puri and Konark. Many vehicles and passengers were left stranded due to the situation.

Police, on being informed, reached the place and tried to restore normalcy by pacifying the irate locals.





Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here