Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Vigilance on Friday arrested Rayagada Divisional Forest Officer (DFO), Bijaya Kumar Parida, and forwarded him to the Court of Special Judge, Vigilance, Bhubaneswar for possession of disproportionate assets (DA) to the tune of 206% of his known sources of income.
In this connection, Bhubaneswar Vigilance PS Case No.20 dated 25.08.2023 was registered against Sri DFO Bijaya Kumar Parida, and his spouse U/s 13(2) r/w 13(1)(b)/12 P.C. Amendment Act, 2018.
During house searches, the movable and immovable assets worth Crores were unearthed in the name of DFO Bijaya Kumar Parida, and his family members;
- G+3 storeyed building (under construction) located over Khata No-200/391, Plot No-16/708 at Srikoruan, Cuttack with a plinth area of 9,500 Sqft. worth approx Rs.1.8 Crore.
- One triple-storeyed building at Palasuni, Bhubaneswar with a plinth area of 5100 Sqft.
- Flat vide No-304, 3rd floor, Block-A, Ashirbad Plaza, Kalarhanga, Patia, Bhubaneswar.
- 17 plots in prime areas of Bhubaneswar, Puri, Cuttack & Jajpur.
- Cash Rs.1,24,600/-.
- Gold jewellery weighing approx 650 gms.
- 1 four-wheeler (Maruti Swift DZIRE) & 2 two-wheelers and household articles worth over Rs.17.87 Lakhs.
After a thorough search, inventory and further enquiry, the income, expenditure and assets of DFO Bijaya Kumar Parida were calculated and he was found in possession of disproportionate assets which were 206% in excess of his known sources of income, which he could not account for satisfactorily. Investigation of the case is in progress, the Odisha Vigilance said.