Dhenkanal: In a tragic incident, two labourers died of asphyxiation at a brick kiln located at Manapur village under Kantabania police limits in Odisha’s Dhenkanal district, last night.
The deceased duo hailed from Pallahara area of Angul district.
According to information, three labourers working at the brick kiln were sleeping at the site, where a diesel generator was running.
While two of the workers were found dead in the morning, another one was rescued in a critical condition.
It is being suspected that smoke emanating from the generator might have led to the death of the two due to suffocation.
The survivor was initially taken to the district headquarters hospital for treatment and later shifted to the SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack as his condition deteriorated.
Police have recovered the bodies for post-mortem and started investigation into the incident.